The website is operated by Ohlthaver & List Finance and Trading Corporation Limited. (Registration number: 1947/0331) registered in Windhoek, Namibia
Version 1 dated May 2022
- We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently. This policy statement explains how your personal information is used.
A. Collecting Personal Information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Information provided when you fill out a form;
- When ordering or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address and/or phone number;
- Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including but not limited to the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information provided while using the services on our website;
- Information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- Information that you post to our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- Any other personal infortmation that you send to us.
When you provide us with personal information pertaining to third parties, you warrant that this information is accurate and correct and you have received their permission to share their personal information with us for the purposes set out in this policy or any other related purposes.
B. Using Your Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy statement or on the relevant pages of the website. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- Improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- Improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- Process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested);
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Supply products or services purchased through our website;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you SMS communications;
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications by opting out of the relevant channel);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions that govern the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service);
- Find and prevent fraud.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
C. Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
D. Retaining Personal Information
- Section D sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section D, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
E. Security of Your Personal Information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page periodically to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
G. Your Rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- A written request delivered in person or electronically.
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
H. Third Party Websites
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services, hyperlinks to and details on our website. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these websites.
I. Updating Information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- we use Google Analytics and Ads on our website to recognise a computer when a user visits the website / track users as they navigate the website / enable the use of a shopping cart on the website / improve the website’s usability / analyse the use of the website / administer the website / prevent fraud and improve the security of the website / personalise the website for each user / target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from websites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings”, “Content settings” and then selecting “Block websites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings”, “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other website and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Address: 23-33 Fidel Castro Street, Windhoek, Namibia
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: 061 207 5111
Complaints may be directed to the above email address and contact number.
©2022 Ohlthaver & List Finance and Trading Corporation Limited. (Registration number: 1947/0331) registered in Namibia, Alexander Forbes 23-33 Fidel Castro Street, Windhoek, Namibia
Version 1 dated May 2022.
How do I know what data you collected and how can I remove it?
The button below will take you to a tool that will allow you to view and delete all the information we have gathered of you. It also allows you to see every type of content that you have consented to and withdraw you consent.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us by using the details above.